(राजस्थान सरकार के नोटीफिकेशन संख्या No. F.12(2)FD(Gr.2)/89 दिनांक 03.10.1989 के अनुसार मकान किराया भत्ता की देयता के सम्बन्ध में जानकारी)

When not Admissible :
The House Rent Allowance shall not be admissible to a Government servants :
(1) (a) who is occupying Government owned or leased or requisitioned accommodation or on subsidised rates in Government building i.e. Circuit Houses, Dak-bungalows, Hostels owned by Government etc.

(b) who is occupying accommodation belonging to Devasthan Department or any other Government Department.

(c) who is occupying accommodation belonging to U.I.T./Municipality/ Local Fund Bodies or any other Autonomous body.

(2) Who accepts allotment of Government accommodation, from the date of occupation, or from eighth day after the date of allotment of Government accommodation, whichever is earlier.

(3) (a) who shares Government accommodation, allotted rent free to another Government servant or who resides in accommodation allotted to his wife/her husband or to his/her parents/son/daughter by the Government or autonomous public undertakings or bodies or Corporation or semi-Government Organisations such as Municipalities etc.

(b) If his wife/her husband has been allotted family accommodation at the same station by the Central Government, State Government or Autonomous Public undertakings or Body or Corporation or semi-Government Organisation such as Municipalities etc.

When Admissible :
(1) (i) A Government servant who is living in a rented accommodation shall be entitled to house rent allowance at the rates mentioned in Rule 5 of these rules.

(ii) House Rent Allowance as per clause (i) will however be admissible on furnishing a certificate to the effect that he is incurring some expenditure on rent/contributing towards rent. In case, the accommodation hired is sub-let to one or more persons, whether Government servant(s) or not, and the actual rent charged by the Government servant is equal to or exceeds the amount of rent being paid to the land lord, it would be deemed that the Government servant is incurring no expenditure on rent nor contributing towards rent.

(2) A Government servant living in a house owned by him/her, his wife/her husband, children, father or mother or in a house owned by a Hindu undivided family in which he is a co-parcener shall be entitled to house rent allowance at the rates mentioned in Rule 5 of these rules, subject to his furnishing certificate that he is paying/contributing towards house or
property tax or maintenance of the house.
Clarification: –
A Government servant living in a house purchased on hire purchase basis from the Rajasthan Housing Board shall be deemed to be owning a house for the purpose of these rules.

(3) In case where husband and wife both are in service of Government at the same station and are living together in the rented/owned accommodation, both of them shall be entitled to House Rent Allowance at the rates mentioned in Rule 5 of these rules, subject to fulfillment of other
conditions for drawal of the allowance i.e. furnishing of certificate as required in clause (ii) of sub-rule (1) or sub-rule(2) as the case may be and making of an application as required in sub-rule (4).

(4) The allowance shall be granted to a Government servant from the date of occupation of the rented/owned accommodation, on making an application in accordance with the procedure prescribed under these rules; provided that if the said application is not made within one month of the date of occupation of the accommodation or admissibility, the allowance shall be admissible from the date of application.

(5) In case of a Government servant who owns a house at a place of duty but resides in a rented house instead, house rent allowance shall be paid in respect of the rented house.